Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday, day before Wales and Ireland

Poor G, in bed all day, sniffling and watching TV. What a tough life. No woman to bother him, all the control over the TV remote and a quiet room to himself. Couldn't ask for more I would think. We had already planned that he would stay in bed all day to rest up for tomorrow's departure time.
I headed out early this morning before G even got up for breakfast. Today was late brunch until 12. I had an appt at 10:30 so was gone by 10. G went for brksft at 11.
My hair appt went well as the stylist actually LISTENED to me and didn't feather or thin out my hair. It was enjoyable to close my eyes and relax for a change instead of watch the scissors. Then I went shopping for a couple of hours as I waited for my next appt.
After my nails, which were sadly ignored over 4 months, although you would think as normal people, which I am not, "How could she wait for 4 months?" - especially you Deb, from dance club - my nails looked like any other Jo - of course, which I am!!!!! ;) they were EVEN and trimmed.
My day continued with a walk to the nearest bar by our hotel, which is very cool, and 2, yes, count then Phil, 2 ,full pints of special London beer. I was celebrating, alright!
I read my e-reader- thanks to my son J, who was very good at providing all my needs in this area, I was totally enjoying my late afternoon London moment - which I will call it for the rest of my life!
Okay, okay, enough about having personal time and quiet simple relaxation, I set out to head back to the hotel to see to my dear sick other half, with a bottle of water and a true blue cure, a bottle of PowerAid. This info give to me by a pharmacist once, many years ago, which has never failed. Thank you dear pharmacist - those of whom I think should be called angels.
I think G is on the mend as I am here in the bar area of the main checkin hotel room - drinking yet another beer from England - heh, someone's gotta do it!!!!